You’re ready to make a move, but your stuff is staring you in the face, silently mocking you. Packing up all your belongings is a daunting task, but there are many ways to make packing easier. These seven easy tips will get you ready to pack with a vengeance.
1. Don’t Procrastinate | Don’t procrastinate. This seems simple enough, but getting started can be difficult. A few weeks prior to your move, start packing several boxes a day. Begin with items that are least essential to your daily life. If you pace yourself, you will be more organized and the job won’t be so overwhelming. Make packing easier by not waiting to get started.
2. Pack room-by-room | Focus on one area of a room at a time and don’t mix items from different rooms in one box. To prevent miniature knickknacks and small items from being lost or mistakenly thrown out with the packing paper, wrap them in brightly-colored tissue paper.
3. Packing Labels | Label clearly. On the top and side of each box, write a general description of the contents and the room name. Use different colored markers for each room, which will provide additional clarity for you and your movers.
4. Use Packing Paper | Stay clean. Regular newspaper may bleed ink onto your possessions. Use white packing paper to wrap all items.
5. Stick with Moving Boxes | Use boxes designed for moving. Boxes obtained from grocery or liquor stores are not always clean and might not hold the weight of the items that you will be putting in them. In addition, varying box sizes can make loading more difficult.
6. Know what you can’t pack | Know what you can’t pack. Some common household items can’t be shipped because they are hazardous. Don’t wind up on the wrong side of the law.
7. Moving valuables | Don’t box up everything. You should personally transport heirlooms, important papers, legal documents (wills, passports. etc.), and valuables. Make packing easier by decided what doesn’t need to be packed.
Article by Realtor.com Team | From https://www.moving.com/tips/7-tips-make-packing-easier/
A Master Move
Moving Company serving Macon, Warner Robins, and Middle Georgia
478-256-6785 | 100 Peachtree Pkwy
Byron, GA 31008
maconmoving.com | warnerrobinsmoving.com
#movingtips #moving #movingcompany #maconga #macon #warnerrobins #movingday #christian #penske #maconmoving #amastermove
A Master Move is a licensed and insured professional moving Company in Macon, Georgia (GA). Our movers serve Macon, Warner Robins, Bryon, and Middle, GA. The #1 Macon, GA Movers. We now offer storage in Macon, Georgia. We accept all major credit cards & government purchase cards.