A Master Move | Moving Company Serving Macon, Warner Robins, and Middle Georgia
8–12 Weeks Before you Move:
- If you own your home, contact your real estate agent to begin the selling process.
- Establish your preferred moving dates.
- Research your new community.
- Compare school districts
- Obtain free city reports
- Use salary and mortgage calculators to compare
- Set up a house-hunting trip to your new city.
- Find out if your employer will be paying for the move, or will be providing you with a lump sum or a direct reimbursement.
- Have a garage sale or donate goods you do not want to move. This will help you save costs on the move.
4-8 Weeks Before you Move:
- Contact A Master Move to schedule a convenient time for a free estimate.
- Purchase your new home; arrange financing; establish close dates.
- Make a list of everyone you need to notify of your move.
- Obtain change of address cards from your local post office.
- Check with your school on transferring your children’s school records.
- Research driver’s license requirements for the state you are moving to.
- Find out from the IRS or your accountant if moving expenses are tax deductible.
- Contact your insurance agent to discuss your insurance needs for your new home.
- Select a new bank in your new city.
- Begin to organize your medical and dental records.
3 Weeks Before you Move:
- Make a decision on whether you will pack your own cartons or if you’d like to utilize our professional packing service.
- Begin the packing process if you are doing it yourself.
- Compile all personal records.
- Change your address on credit cards, magazine subscriptions.
- If you have children, arrange for them to be at a babysitter during loading day.
- Arrange to have your utilities disconnected after your move-out day.
- Arrange to connect your utilities the day before your scheduled move-in day.
2 Weeks Before you Move:
- Plan to use all the food in your refrigerator and freezer.
- Clean your home and clear basement and attics.
- Cancel all current delivery services such as newspapers.
- Dispose of all flammables, cleaners, paints, aerosols, ammunition, etc.
- Transfer all current prescriptions to your new local pharmacy.
- Clear out your safety deposit box. Transfer bank accounts.
- Be sure that you have packed everything in advance.
- Drain the oil and gasoline from your lawn mower, and other power tools if they are to be moved.
1 Week Before you Move:
- Confirm your travel arrangements for your family.
- Provide contact phone numbers to friends and family so that you are accessible during your move.
- Empty and clean your refrigerator and freezer, clean your stove, etc.
- Only use those household items that you’ll need, such as sheets, towels, a few pans and dishes. Make sure everything else is ready to be moved.
- Review schedule with your A Master Move driver.
- Be available to check off inventory of all items moving.
- Once moving van is loaded, double check that nothing was left behind in closets, basement, attic, cabinets, drawers, etc.
- Make sure your children and pets are not at home so that they do not get in the way of the movers.
Get your free moving quote.
Discover A Master Move, your licensed and insured Macon, GA moving company, proudly serving Macon, Warner Robins, Byron, Middle, GA, and beyond. We're your #1 choice for seamless moves, and now, we offer secure storage solutions in Macon, Georgia. We accept major credit cards and government purchase cards for your convenience. Choose A Master Move for a stress-free move today!