A Master Move | Moving Company Serving Macon, Warner Robins, and Middle Georgia
8–12 Weeks Before you Move:
- If you own your home, contact your real estate agent to begin the selling process.
- Establish your preferred moving dates.
- Research your new community.
- Compare school districts
- Obtain free city reports
- Use salary and mortgage calculators to compare
- Set up a house-hunting trip to your new city.
- Find out if your employer will be paying for the move, or will be providing you with a lump sum or a direct reimbursement.
- Have a garage sale or donate goods you do not want to move. This will help you save costs on the move.
4-8 Weeks Before you Move:
- Contact A Master Move to schedule a convenient time for a free estimate.
- Purchase your new home; arrange financing; establish close dates.
- Make a list of everyone you need to notify of your move.
- Obtain change of address cards from your local post office.
- Check with your school on transferring your children’s school records.
- Research driver’s license requirements for the state you are moving to.
- Find out from the IRS or your accountant if moving expenses are tax deductible.
- Contact your insurance agent to discuss your insurance needs for your new home.
- Select a new bank in your new city.
- Begin to organize your medical and dental records.
3 Weeks Before you Move:
- Make a decision on whether you will pack your own cartons or if you’d like to utilize our professional packing service.
- Begin the packing process if you are doing it yourself.
- Compile all personal records.
- Change your address on credit cards, magazine subscriptions.
- If you have children, arrange for them to be at a babysitter during loading day.
- Arrange to have your utilities disconnected after your move-out day.
- Arrange to connect your utilities the day before your scheduled move-in day.
2 Weeks Before you Move:
- Plan to use all the food in your refrigerator and freezer.
- Clean your home and clear basement and attics.
- Cancel all current delivery services such as newspapers.
- Dispose of all flammables, cleaners, paints, aerosols, ammunition, etc.
- Transfer all current prescriptions to your new local pharmacy.
- Clear out your safety deposit box. Transfer bank accounts.
- Be sure that you have packed everything in advance.
- Drain the oil and gasoline from your lawn mower, and other power tools if they are to be moved.
1 Week Before you Move:
- Confirm your travel arrangements for your family.
- Provide contact phone numbers to friends and family so that you are accessible during your move.
- Empty and clean your refrigerator and freezer, clean your stove, etc.
- Only use those household items that you’ll need, such as sheets, towels, a few pans and dishes. Make sure everything else is ready to be moved.
- Review schedule with your A Master Move driver.
- Be available to check off inventory of all items moving.
- Once moving van is loaded, double check that nothing was left behind in closets, basement, attic, cabinets, drawers, etc.
- Make sure your children and pets are not at home so that they do not get in the way of the movers.
Call 478.256.6785 to get started!
Get your free moving quote.
Local & Long Distance Moves
Single Piece Moves
Penske Rental Trucks
100 Peachtree Pkwy
Byron, GA 31009